Monday, October 13, 2008

Launching into the Blogosphere

Hello Friends!

In this age of technological innovation, I have decided that the Internet is suffering from a severe lack of Luana and Ben Parkes related publicly posted personal information. After viewing a long list of blogs presented by friends and acquaintances of yesteryear, I have decided that it is time to provide a method for you to catch up with us passive-aggressively. Thus, this blog is born. Feel free to smack his bottom.

More to come, but I wanted to get this thing rocking... I guess I should tell Luana about it...

Oh, and happy Columbus Day. Discovering the New World was a great accomplishment, but I also enjoy the work he did on those delightful Harry Potter movies...


8 comments:

We Joneses said...

allow me to be the first to comment. Welcome! Your blog has only been up and running for one day and it's already making me ashamed of mine...

Nathan Winder said...

Nice pumpkins

Nicole and Preston said...

Luana!!!! I have a blog too!!!! its nicoleandpreston.blogspot.com

You guys look so cute!!! It has been so long since I have seen you! Hope you are doing well!!!!

Unknown said...

I knew there was something fishy about Chris. I just didn't know he had a parallel history with Harry.

Welcome to Blog. It's fun and a complete waste of time.

Unknown said...

I'll tell you a secret about blogging, my friend. People will check more often if you respond to their comments. Makes them feel more involved. Makes blogging less about naked narcissism and more of a conversation and update about your life.

And this is not a ploy to get you to respond to my comments. I don't need that. My ego is unflappable. You know that, Ben.

Now you can erase this comment so I don't sound like an ass. Or let it go. Unflappable, remember?

Ben P. said...

Do you mean, like, comment on my own blog? You just blew my mind wide open to the possibilities. Seriously.

And for everyone's reference... Harry Potter was directed by Chris Columbus. I'm not sure if it is the same Columbus that discovered the new world on route to India, but that's the implication.

Unknown said...

This is what happens when it gets late and I'm tired Ben. I start saying obvious stuff to people like, "Comment on your own blog." And I do end up looking like an ass.

See? This is why I should never take myself too seriously. And why the nuances of my humor don't always come out in writing.

Oh, Ben, I have missed you. I need to meet your wife sometime. Hopefully, she will put up with me like you do.

Lynette said...

Hey, Ben! I found your blog through someone else's...I hope that was okay? It's good to catch up with you on facebook and on your blog. I'm definitely what "they" call a "blog stocker" since I don't have my own...

Thanks for the little peek! :)

~Lynette (the one you went to high school with -- and perhaps the only Lynette you may know...)