Saturday, January 9, 2010

Meet the Newest Member of the Team: Elliott Richard Kiliona Parkes!


As it has been a while since the last update on the Parkes, I figured I'd jump right to the chase and announce what the world wants to know... We had a baby! I know what you are thinking - "I didn't even know Luana was pregnant!" Now that certainly can't be true, because although we never mentioned it here on the blog, we certainly announced it other places. So if you are truly a friend then you should have known. If you are just some random person who doesn't know us but reads our blog, then please, stop. You're creepin' me out. Seriously - creepy.

So now we have a renewed focus on making sure the world is aware of just how awesome our little boy really is. Sure so far he hasn't accomplished too much (although the word "genius" has been thrown around on more than one occasion), we know there are great things in store for the little guy.

We also created a fan page on Facebook so that we can post pictures and updates. We'll see how it goes; we may eventually turn it into a profile page because a fan page may be a bit too public. But we'll see. If you look over to the sidebar on the right you will see a link to become a fan of Elliott. So get on that.

As for the other two less interesting Parkes members... we both worked in Entertainment for a few months and it was AMAZING! For me it was the greatest opportunity to see first hand the difference we can make in a child's life. And sometimes all it takes is a hug. "Sure," you might say, "a hug from Mickey Mouse. THAT can make a difference." But I think a hug from a favorite cartoon character is fantastic, but certainly less influential than a hug from a family member. The point is, hug your kids. Or hug someone else's kids. Just make sure you know the somebody else and that they are ok with it. Because again, creepy.

Now I'm working for Casting here at Disney as an Employment Coordinator. I do all sorts of fun things, including processing new hire paperwork and executing hires in Vurv and SAP, the HIRS system Disney uses. It is a good job, and I enjoy it. I'm looking at grad school options, though. Because it is a good job, not a great job. And I need a great job so that Luana can focus on her greatest job... taking care of Elliott.

It is so amazing to have him in our lives. We are so very blessed. How about some pictures?
















Check out more on the Facebook Fanpage!

4 comments:

Reimstar said...

Well I wish I was a better friend, but I really had no idea you were pregnant Lu! But congratulations! He is darling! Now our little boys can be friends! My blog is private, so email me so I can add you!
pinky77jess@gmail.com
Congratulations!

LizzyHouse said...

Hooray! So sweet! I'm so happy for you guys!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Okay, so I just saw him tonight and he is so much bigger and has grown up so much more than these photos show! You guys are great!

MisterKerr said...

So...how are you guys taking on the world?