Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Do we even have a blog?


I know, I know, this update is majorly overdue. It has been a while since we have updated, and I’m not sure why. It may have something to do with the lack of change going on, or something else. I don’t know. But I’m here to remedy.

When last we left our intrepid heroes, we were moving out of our apartment into my mom’s basement. We were waiting to hear about an audition, and trying to figure out our lives. And now…

We are living in my mom’s basement, trying to figure out our lives. First off, I didn’t land the audition. I’m not surprised, I auditioned with four talented fellows, and that was just my audition group. I can’t imagine how many other talented folks they saw, but it must have been a difficult decision. I’ve always thought that once you get to a certain point in performing (especially at call backs) it is no longer a question of talented or untalented, but of right or wrong. The factors that influence a casting director to make casting decisions are often traits you can’t control… look, vocal quality, etc… and for one reason or another I didn’t fit their goal. No worries, though. I’m not counting it out.

So on May 18th we are moving into Chatham Square (I presume) and darting back in time for a three month retro College Program adventure! Luana and I are both going to working attractions, but we aren’t sure exactly where yet. I’m hoping for high spieling good times, but we’ll see. We’re just really excited to be going back. I’m hoping that this will get my foot back in the door and I’ll be able to land something full time and more in line with what I’ve been doing over the past two years. I am also looking to start and a Masters program at UCF next spring in Human Resource Management. I’ve been studying like crazy for the GRE, so hopefully that works out.

Now in preparation for our move, we bought a new car! (Well, new to us). We traded in both my Saturn and Luana’s Nissan, and now have a 2005 Chevy Cobalt. It has a lot of bells and whistles, and we’re quite happy with it. Neither of our cars would have been a trustworthy conveyance to the sunshine state, so it seemed the best option. We are down to one car now, but we can use Disney transport once in Orlando and we also have our little pink scooter (though I would love to trade it in for a real motorcycle sometime soon).

The funny thing is, I got really emotional about letting go of my Saturn. I’ve had a lot of wonderful adventures all over the country in the last seven years, and he’s been with me for almost all of them. Almost everyone I care about has spent time in that car, and I put 100,000 miles on the ol’ boy. Summers in West Yellowstone, winters in Rexburg, years in Orlando, driving across the country (four times!). It was reliable, didn’t have power steering, and just fit me. It was like selling an old friend. The new car is so much nicer, and more reliable, and a better choice. But in a strange way getting rid of my Saturn seemed to officially close any traces of non-adulthood. Maybe not, though. I am still going to be working for Disney, after all.
So the last time I drove it, as I took it to trade it in, I teared up. I know it is weird, but that’s what happened. Come on; deep down you know it is part of my charm.

6 comments:

Charisa and Trent said...

1st of all I love the picture at the top of you blog!
Secondly I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through some of your past posts, they made for happy thoughts of fun times in the past.
Good luck with the move! What a blast to be able to share a CP experience with your wife, to be able to live/play at Disney World for a few months. I still have days where I feel like I'm experiencing a bit of a withdrawal. But if all works out we'll get to go in August.
Good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

I think it is crazt how many blogs I have read lately about new cars. Fun! I miss you guys and am excited that you are going back to Orlando.

Anonymous said...

First off, what's with this rash of Chevy Cobalts lately? Isn't that the make that Kjersti bought as well?

Secondly, if people want to share their precious memories of your Saturn, I guess I can start by saying that it is the only car that I've ever ran out of gas in. The drive was supposed to be a two-minute jaunt to pick up Sarah Jagger and ended up taking a few hours walking to and from gas stations, etc.

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Hey you guys!!!!!! You are coming to play here in Orlando! Hooray! I cannot wait!

Bryce said...

Hey man good luck on your adventure! Hopefully we are getting out to Florida to visit. If so we would love to give you a call. Best of luck!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Guess what? You guys are here now! Time for an update!