Monday, November 3, 2008

A Call to Arms!

So all of my previous posts of culminated in a decision to go to Orlando at the end of this month to attend an open call audition for improv actors. I'm really nervous about it, mainly because I really want the job, and because I feel I'd be pretty good at it. So My task now is to prepare the best darn one minute comedic monologue I can possibly muster. I've been back and forth between using one of my old standards (I know they work), trying to find a new one (it could be better), or write one myself (could pay off with the writing side, but what if I think it is funny but no one else does?). I have a little bit less than three weeks to get it all together and ready to go.


I started writing one already, but I'm not quite confident enough to post it for the world until I have a chance to sleep on it and have it reviewed by people that I trust. Until then, if you have a piece that you feel is just plain awesome, please let me have it! And wish me luck. Maybe I can be the next "Citizen of Hollywood!"


1 comment:

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Yes PLEASE!!!! You would be an AMAZING citizen of Hollywood. You have my vote. I don't question this vote at all!